Almost on the fly a Cuban-Canadian photographer Alexei Kintero, a finishing student at SPAO and I decided to make an exhibition of his work at my Studio.
We set a very close date, and we move it. Literally, we moved the shelving from the Studio front room to the back, my workshop room and we decide on the number of works, make the selection of paper for printing, he pickups the frames, we install some track lighting, pointed the lights, washed the floor and it was almost ready.
The Artist brings a bouquet of fresh tropical flowers, a CD with Cuban music, orders a small catering service from Havana - a local Cuban restaurant and we invite guests.
I cut the wall titling lettering, make a window signage and print his work.
I have output most of his work on the Epson Premium Luster, a reliable, locally available paper for digital photography.
More on the choices of paper for the exhibition:
Overview (by Epson) of Premium Luster
- Highest color gamut available for vivid color reproduction
- RC paper base for actual photo prints
- Luster E surface finish
- Enhanced 2880 dpi printing for the highest quality output
- Dries instantly for easy handling with Epson inks
- Compatible with Dye, EPSON Archival™ and UltraChrome™ ink
- 10 mil thickness for a durable photographic feel
Wedding, portrait and school photographers have traditionally used luster paper for their photos. Now Epson offers this popular surface paper, Premium Luster Photo Paper, to digital printmakers. This instant drying paper produces vivid, lifelike images that rival those of traditional silver halide prints. Premium Luster Photo Paper delivers highly saturated prints by offering maximum ink coverage and a high D-Max for true photographic reproductions. Its 10-mil RC base gives prints a photographic feel, and keeps the paper cockle-free. Ideal for use with all Epson Inks.
Like all of Epson's innovative media, this paper is engineered to give you the highest resolution and color saturation possible. As always, EPSON supplies guarantees EPSON quality.
Overview of Somerset Velvet
- Acid free to preserve fine art and photos
- 100% cotton rag for long term durability
- Radiant white surface for vivid color reproduction
- Rich black images for prints with exceptional contrast
- 505 g/m² basis weight for museum quality appearance (sheets)
- 255 g/m² basis weight on rolls for versatility
- Velvet surface for rich details and accurate reproduction
Somerset® has always been the first paper choice among serious artists and printmakers. Ever since the 1700s and the days of handmade paper, Somerset has enjoyed a reputation for quality that has continued to grow through the years. Now Epson brings you this old world paper, with an ink jet coating, to meet the quality requirements of the most demanding printmaker. Somerset Velvet for Epson is a 100% cotton, acid-free paper that delivers long-lasting prints when printed with EPSON Archival™ Ink or UltraChrome™ Ink.
Like all of Epson's innovative media, Somerset Velvet is engineered to give you the highest resolution and color saturation possible. Epson's printer driver software actually optimizes the amount of ink released onto the page, based on the type of paper used. As always, EPSON supplies guarantee EPSON quality.
See you at the Mea Cuba vernissage - in the text post.
Over the weekend - Meet the Artist.