1 Jul 2013

Little Prince on Obsolete

A close colleague of mine (someone who usually be called a friend these days, but since the English language is not my first, nor even a second language, I am trying to be "judicious" with wording, hmmm - I know, occasionally with completely adverse effect) reminded me of The Little Prince.
I did not grow up on the Little Charmer, I grew on the Hans Christian Andersen's tales, but I know of him, read some of it, saw the illustration and saw how my son was charmed when watching animated film.

So if I had to put a face (I know he is widely known by the original watercoloured illustrations and countless animations afterwards) to His Little Highness, it would be this one.




This item comes from another indispensable source of magic: obsolete.com



They are sophisticated sellers of aromatic treats for the sophisticated decorator.
This is a head of a little Italian hand-carved mannequin intended to represent a saint.
Just to add to the saint's venerated allure his marionette-like features permitted the movement of the body: the wooden hands could me made into certain gestures, head tilted, the body tilted.
The flower had once seen a caravan passing.
“Men?” she echoed. “I think there are six or seven of them in existence. I saw them, several years ago. But one never knows where to find them. The wind blows them away. They have no roots, and that makes their lives very difficult.”

Further down the mechanics of the image of divinity:
The Obsolete allows a glimpse into that by showing the details of the fixtures of the 4ft figure. It must have been the statue of Saint Anthony, the hook on the figure'arm was probably to help the arm hold the figure of a baby Jesus.
Anyway, marvelous stuff.



Super site on Saint-Exupery is here:
http://www.antoinedesaintexupery.com
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...